An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Equiniti Gateway team as a Second Charge Loan Underwriter. We are looking for a self-starter and team player with underwriting experience.
Equiniti Gateway is part of Equiniti Group PLC and is a loan brokerage with offices in Halifax, West Yorkshire. As a master broker, Gateway’s core skill is arranging personal (unsecured) and second charge loans for customers.
Since inception in February 2009, Gateway has developed close working relationships with a wide range of lenders to offer a whole of market proposition.
Investment in bespoke product sourcing software dedicated to personal and second charge loans has enabled Gateway to offer clients the most competitive products together with a market leading service on a consistent basis.
Gateway has grown rapidly due to the provision of innovative systems, backed by an enthusiastic team with a passion and commitment to building strong relationships with customers and business introducers. The company is expanding and is now looking to recruit a second charge loan underwriter to join the team.
- Accepting and assessing second charge loan applications and placing them with the most suitable lender and product.
- To accurately process loan applications from inception to completion
- All data to be correctly updated on the company’s loan system.
- To provide timely, accurate and relevant information to all internal and external customers as well as professional third parties - intermediaries, lenders, solicitors, accountants and valuers.
- To offer first class customer service to All Intermediaries and applicants in accordance with agreed service standards.
- To ensure that the Company is meeting its stringent legal and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that all audit & compliance requirements are met.
- Highly developed technical lending & risk assessment skills across a range of sectors/markets.
- Specific expertise in working with supporting loan documentation (bureau data, statements etc).
- Full training and support will be provided on the role
- Weekend support may be required
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
- Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills.
- Underwriting experience
- Attention to detail
- Building customer relationships