If you'd like a career in Gardening, we can offer you some of the most beautiful outdoor spaces in the UK to work in as well as one of the largest plant collections in Europe.What it's like to work here
Tredegar House is a special place which has been shaped by - and shaped the lives of - its local residents. From those who lived and worked on the vast original estate to the schoolchildren of the 1950s, Tredegar House stands proudly at the centre of Newport’s heritage.
The staff and volunteers who keep the mansion house, gardens and parkland running today are working in partnership with local groups to bring together colourful histories and modern festivals in a programme offering genuine benefit to the community and all who visit.
Tredegar House; for people, with people, by people.What you'll be doing
As part of the garden team, you’ll assist in making sure that the gardens are maintained to a high standard. Working under the close supervision of the garden team, you'll undertake basic horticultural tasks and help ensure the highest standards of conservation, horticulture and visitor experience.
This role will include a range of practical horticultural tasks to develop, enhance and conserve the garden and contribute to the delivery of projects. You'll be helping with hard and soft landscaping and general maintenance of the garden, such as mulching, pruning, leaf clearing and weeding. You’ll support with the planting and maintenance of trees, shrubs, herbaceous plants.
You’ll also support garden volunteers and help them to make the most of their time here. You’ll be expected to interact with the public on a daily basis, answering the many questions, or help out with gardening workshops, tours and helping set up events when needed.Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate the below:
- Basic knowledge and skills in plant husbandry and horticulture
- Familiarity with basic garden machinery/equipment as required by the property
- Demonstrate a willingness to work alongside volunteers and is able to support volunteers to perform at their best
- Good people skills enabling strong relationships externally and internally, to be built and maintained
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and compliance requirements
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A positive attitude to Welsh language and culture
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job