At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We’ll ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it’s never 'just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Do you want to make a positive difference to people’s lives?
Searching for Dynamic Support Workers in Islington.
We are looking to recruit passionate and enthusiastic individuals to work in our service in Islington. At this service we currently support 9 adults who have a learning disability. We currently have 5 full time position available, offering up to 37.5 hours a week.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service. You will work on a rota basis throughout the week and at weekends including Bank Holidays. The shift’s will be Mornings, afternoons and evenings.
The individuals in the service require support with their medication, personal care and daily living tasks.
The people within the service have a busy schedule and love to be out and about but will require support when going out in the community. The adults we support enjoy a variety of hobbies which include swimming, visiting the cinema, going bowling and shopping.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. Previous experience is not essential due to this admirable service offering bespoke training to all employees.
If you would like to help support these outgoing and sociable people, who have a wonderfully full and active life, please apply and tell us why you would be a fantastic addition to the team. We include the people that you will support during all of our selection process and we take a person centred approach to recruitment. You will need to be adaptable due to the complex needs of the service and the people we support.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate.
Job ID: 12542
Benefits and rewards
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 20 days’ holiday (exclusive of Bank holidays), increasing to 27 days’ with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our Holiday Plus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our You Rock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
- Learning Disabilities