Our client is changing the way genetics researchers discover and interact with human DNA data. Data access is difficult and time-consuming, a bottleneck for advances in cancer and genetic diseases research.
Our ambition is to empower and enable our users to build a strong community around finding, accessing and sharing genomic data.
We’re looking for passionate engineers with experience building clever web platforms who want to make a real impact on health research.
- Take active role in implementation of indexing and search algorithms.
- Contribute towards design and implementation of search-specific features such as autocomplete, autosuggest, application of controlled vocabularies and ontologies, etc.
- Directly participate on improvement of current solution in terms of the quality of the search results.
- Generate and actively propose new ideas for features and improvements of the search and indexing in general.
- Closely cooperate with bioinformaticians and data scientists in agile environment.
- At least 2 years proven industry experience.
- Strong fundamentals in computer science, engineering, data structures, and software design.
- Solid coding skills and experience building, testing and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Passion for writing clean, efficient and well tested code, regardless of the language/platform.
- Good understanding of relational and non-relational databases, columnar stores, caching, key value stores, etc.
- Experience of handling large amounts of data, especially in context of indexing and search.
- Good understanding of networking and internet protocols.
- At least basic biological knowledge would be beneficial.
What you’ll get:
- Personal development- Conferences and workshops, huddles and hackathons. We like learning.
- 25 days holiday- Plus UK public holidays. Use them up.
- Stretch yourself- Try, fail fast. We have an insatiable appetite for innovation and playful experimentation.
- Social troop- Sometimes we head to the pub, other times the climbing wall. We are an inclusive tight-knit team.
- First-rate perk days- Last time we went go-karting other trips have included the zoo and a boat trip.
- A balance- Wellbeing’s not just for Christmas; we always maintain a healthy balance of work, play and recharge time.
- Software Development