Headford Growth are currently working with a global freight forwarder who have been established for over 50 years. They are one of the largest privately owned transport and logistics companies in the UK and have a presence in over 160 countries across the globe.
They now have an opportunity for an experienced Seafreight Operations Supervisor to join their regional team. Further details of this fantastic opportunity below.
To support the Seafreight Operations Manager in overseeing the operational requirements of the business through excellent customer service and attention to detail. Working closely with the operations team, Business Development Managers, and Senior Managers within the Air & Sea division to ensure the overall process is productive and adds overall value. Along with general operations this will also involve direct communication with customers and suppliers via email and phone, along with the utilisation of in-house software.
- Overall Purpose of this role is to ensure that clients receive excellent customer service and the team comply to Import/Export operational procedures and in-line with company policy.
- Handling full end to end operations for both imports / exports when required, as laid out in the operational job descriptions.
- Providing holiday cover on both general operations, and management of the department.
- Supervising the Sea freight import/export operations, supporting the team to ensure that all operators meet the requirements detailed in their job description.
- Dealing with shipping lines, overseas agents, making sure that ultimate customer service is met at all times.
- Completing credit check on accounts in-line with company policy.
- Dealing with Invoicing/Job Costing to customers in a timely and accurate manner and investigating any discrepancies that arise on those invoices.
- Dealing with operational challenges as first point of escalation, as and when they occur.
- Overseeing the passing of their suppliers invoices by operators, ensuring this is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Overseeing financial reports, to ensure accuracy within the department at all times.
- Receiving inbound calls from within the branches client base and either redirect the call to the relevant employee or, if they are away from the office, deal with their call correctly in order to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Completing KPI and shipment tracking reports for customers.
- Working within the company framework at all times.
- Demonstrating a respect towards the office Health and Safety guidelines.
- Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
Attention to detail with a passion for customer service is critical to this role. Time management skills are essential as are communication (phone and writing) skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload is also a necessity. A good head for numbers is required.
English and maths at GCSE level C or above are essential.
At least 4 years Seafreight operational experience within a Forwarding environment are required. Ideally the candidate will have both import and export operational experience, as well as Supervisory experience.
Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service are required. A good understanding and familiarity with Microsoft office programmes, particularly EXCEL is a must.
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and drive, please get in touch to learn more.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'