Our client is a well-established freight forwarder with a base in North Yorkshire. They offer Warehouse and distribution from this site and World-wide freight forwarding services by air, road and sea. Employing a well-established team of 15 our client is planning to continue to invest and expand the business either organically or by further acquisitions.
We are now looking to recruit a Sea Freight forwarding import Clerk to join the successful freight team in their office in North Yorkshire, near York.
Your Import Co-ordinator role will involve ..
1. Extensive client liaison, building relationships and maximising the potential of the forwarding business.
2. Extensive supplier liaison to develop reliable and cost-effective services from every Worldwide origin.
3. Calculating freight quotations for import Sea freight shipments.
4. Completing operational administration including job cards and sending booking confirmation to the suppliers.
5. Raising all of the appropriate operational documentation that is applicable to the shipping terms and origin of the consignments.
6. Managing the Sea freight consignments in transit through to successful completion and delivery.
7. Invoicing out and completing the job files.
In order to apply for this role you will have
1. freight forwarding experience in Import Sea Freight.
2. Knowledge and experience of shipping documentation.
3. Confident and clear communication skills.
4. Proven success of building customer and supplier relationships.
5. Strong negotiating skills.
6. Numerate with experience of calculating freight quotations.
7. Good IT (Microsoft) skills.
Salary and Benefits
23k + Pension
- Imports; logistics; sea freight
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'