An internationally recognized logistics company with an ever-expanding Worldwide clientele is recruiting for an Export Operator to join it's busy sea freight forwarding dept. at offices in London.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Servicing customer base by handling sea export shipments from start to finish.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking bookings and arranging ocean export shipments from origin to destination
- Completing accurate export documentation including bills of lading, NES entries, invoices
- Liaising effectively with customers, hauliers, shipping lines and overseas agents
- Providing quotations and proactively following up
- Negotiating with suppliers to achieve better buying rates
- Building rapport with customers in order to identify and generate new business
- Supporting the sales campaign in developing and securing new business
Skills & Experience Required :
- Previous experience in the shipping / freight forwarding sector is essential
- Excellent communication skills with ability to deliver high level of customer service
- High level of speed and accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills with ability to work under pressure
- Hard working, flexible with willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Award Winning staff development programme.
- Full time permanent job offering genuine career opportunities for progression where individual performance is recognized and rewarded.
- Competitive remuneration package - up to £27K
- Pleasant office conveniently located near tube station
For full details, please contact Craig at Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Customer Service
- Freight Forwarding
- Ocean Freight
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job