If working in a small, innovative company with great backers, a global ecosystem, and the opportunity to change the way people, things, and services interact is attractive to you, then we'd love to hear from you.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development team is part of the wider Product Engineering group within the company and is responsible for developing and delivering the world class SDK's to many partners around the world.
Building upon the core SDK work, the Developer experience team which you will be a part of creates enhancements to smooth developer workflow and speed up the time-to-market for our customers.
The main responsibilities of the Software Integration Engineer role are:
- Taking ownership of core SDK features producing software designs and detailed specifications for internal and external discussion
- Integrate and extend external components into the SDK to expose new features and tools in the platform
- Feature development, debug, and testing from an early stage of the project right through to client delivery
- Constantly innovating and improving the SDK and associated products
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Good familiarity with scripting languages, version control and build tools (ideally more than one of the following: Python / Bash / Subversion / Git / Maven / Gradle / Xcodeproject)
- C/C++, Java and/or Objective-C
- Use of standard IDEs to target mobile OS: Xcode + iOS / Android Studio + Android
- An analytical mindset, able to approach a problem and devise a systematic way of solving it
- A problem-solver, often thinking of unique ways of working to improve everyday tasks
- An independent team member able to work autonomously on tasks in a holistic way, from design right through to implementation
- Strong team player able to work with cross-functional and distributed teams, able to lead where necessary.
- Fluency in English is required as it is the business language in the Company
- Android NDK, gcc, clang
- Other build systems / scripting languages: Perl / Ruby / Xamarin
- Awareness of PKI principles
- Proven methodological testing skills
- Jenkins or other Continuous Integration tools
- You may have used the Android NDK to write native code (C/C++)
- You are used to integrating native components as part of a larger product
- You are familiar with Bash scripting and have used Maven, Gradle, Python, Subversion and/or git at the command-line level
- Perhaps you have a background in telecoms / mobile / embedded / handset / STB development
- You may also have some client-facing experience (requirements gathering, training, support)
- Use of Zendesk or Jira to track and resolve customer issues and SDK defects
The ONE Group description
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough - The ONE Group'srecruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn't just recruitment, it's: Recruitment as it should be.For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk