Improvement Products & Services team
The Improvement Products and Services group supports the NHS to improve patient care, through the delivery of actionable insights and best practice to NHS decision makers and front-line staff. We are expert in the use and development of digital solutions and analytical insights including the Model Hospital / Model Health System – a unique source of benchmarked insights to identify and explore opportunities for improvement across the NHS. We are based within the Improvement Directorate and aligned to the Data, Analysis and Intelligence Service (DAIS) team.
The Improvement Products & Services group will:
- Develop and continuously improve solutions to support the NHS to eradicate unwarranted variation in the quality, safety and productivity of healthcare
- Design and deliver insight products, based on the user-needs of NHS professionals to support quality improvement
- Manage and run the in-house product development function for the Improvement Directorate and DAIS team – providing a wide range of digital and analytical based solutions to support NHS staff
- Develop, run and maintain the Model Health System as described in the Long-Term Plan
- Enable the LTP sub-programmes within the Improvement directorate to target and deliver transformations through the use of actionable insight, analytics and digital services to the NHS
- Lead and coordinate the development of a coherent digital product ecosystem for improvement, including the Model Hospital, GIRFT, National Clinical Improvement Programme (NCIP), RightCare, Procurement analytics and online communities
- Support improved transparency and reducing burden on NHS trusts, through the automation and sharing of national/information data assets
- Deliver analytical insight for the directorate including, but not limited to Use of Resources, RightCare and Population Health analytics, Workforce productivity, Clinical Analytics, medicines & diagnostics.
- Work closely and integrate with GIRFT analytical and implementation teams to provide consistent insight to trusts, systems and the NHS front-line and leadership
About this role – Scrum Master, Band 8a
We’re looking for a Scrum Master with experience working in the development of digital products. The post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the Improvement Products & Services directorate and specifically to define and deliver digital features and components of the Model Health System; a key strategic enabler for the NHS Long Term Plan. The post holder will support the Senior Delivery Manage and the wider product team to manage the full software delivery cycle including research, analysis and design and development, test and release phases of work. It is expected that the Scrum Master will be an expert in establishing flow across the team, eliminating issues, blockers, dependencies and hand-offs wherever possible.
You’ll work with a small and vibrant in-house development and delivery team and additional supplier colleagues on some programmes – with the objective to ensure safe, robust, efficient delivery of a series of complex digital and analytical programmes that will drive transformation within the NHS. You’ll be a high-energy, collaborative and influential team-player and influencers across the improvement teams. You’ll be responsible for delivery within development Sprints and you’ll be familiar with the GDS service standards and principles. You’ll be a strong advocate for agile working and user centred design. You’ll be interested in continuous improvement and energised by diverse teams and programmes to deliver change at pace.
Key skills and attributes
Key expectations for the role include that the Scrum Master will -
- Develop a solid understanding of the tools, infrastructure, databases and programming languages used by the team including its capabilities and limitations
- Develop a robust understanding of the content production tools, metrics and data featured in the tool and the analyst R&D processes to ingest them
- Be able to apply their comprehensive knowledge of agile methodologies to transform content and/or feature delivery teams into predictable, sustainable, visible delivery units
- Transfer their enthusiasm, knowledge of agile theory and experience of applied agile frameworks to other teams to enable them to adopt agile and become self-sufficient
- Be an effective coach and cross-discipline collaborator, able to bring teams together around common purpose, accelerate and maintain delivery of stated sprint goals.
Please note that candidates invited to interview will be asked to prepare for a presentation, the details of which will be shared in the invitation details.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'