The Scrum Master is a member of the TAS software development team. The Scrum Master is a servant leader who helps the team self-organize and self-manage. They will actively manage and remove team blockers to help the team achieve its goals. The successful candidate can be a Scrum Master for more than one team.
The Scrum Master creates and maintains an environment for continuous learning and relentless improvement.
Helps the agile team coordinate dependencies with other teams and communicates status of these dependencies as needed.
Collaborates with other agile teams to identify, promote, and adopt best practices and lessons learned to optimize team and program performance
Specifically the successful candidate should meet the following:
- Guides rather than drives teams toward objectives, goals, and continuous improvement
- Initiates and fosters collaboration, communication, and team building
- Works to remove impediments so that the team can remain focused on achieving its goals
- Facilitates continuous improvement for team and program
- Helps the team achieve and improve in areas including quality, predictability, flow, and velocity
- Facilitates Scrum rituals including Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning and Retrospective.
- Coordinates solution implementation and delivery with other Scrum Masters and external teams
- Provides effective and timely communication to all levels of the organisation.
- Balances changes in direction or requirements while protecting the team so the team can achieve committed objectives
- Acts as a model for addressing conflict and barriers to collaboration
- Collaborates with Product Owners to ensure team execution and performance are aligned with business objectives - near and long-term
- Uses tenacity and solid interpersonal skills to support teams and fellow SMs
- Attends daily Scrum of Scrums
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- An experienced Scrum Master / Project Manager from within the Life and Pensions industry, ideally having worked in a Scrum environment.
- A good team player with a positive, flexible attitude and strong in overcoming risk.
- Experienced in transactional systems.
- Ideally experience of corporate DC and DB pension schemes (Defined Benefit & Defined Contribution) are a huge advantage.
- Good understanding of Scrum methodologies
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'