We're part of Europe's leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This is a great opportunity to join our Technology - Video platform.
Our team develops and operates Sky's Broadcast infrastructure and content delivery systems across DTH, On Demand and OTT delivery platforms. The successful candidate will work with a team of highly skilled software developers and test engineers, collectively ensuring that the right content arrives at the right destination at the right time.
As a valued employee, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What's more, you'll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that's not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
- Facilitate the completion by one or more product development team's deliverables according to commitments made in sprint planning, proactively manage any blockers and escalate issues as needed
- Champion agile practices and continuous improvement initiatives
- Facilitate SCRUM ceremonies, including but not limited to - Daily stand ups, Iteration/sprint planning, Retrospective and Demo
- Track and hence provide appropriate and consistent metrics, including but not limited to burndown charts and velocity measurement and tracking.
- Coach mentor and motivate team members to adopt and live agile principles of development.
- Socialising, promoting and facilitating Agile development principles in every suitable interaction.
- Management of impediments - Proactively identifying, analysing and resolving issues with the potential to impact successful delivery of the project. Devising and driving contingency plans, where required, to minimise risks and avoid crises.
- Assure the timely transition of development work into production by fully engaging with stakeholders functions as part of a planned delivery
- Demonstrable experience of previous role as a SCRUM master
- In depth understanding of Agile values and practices, specifically should have an excellent understanding of SCRUM
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Solid understanding of software development processes and procedures
- Solid understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Clear understanding of the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Technical experience and knowledge of platform development.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today.
We're happy to talk flexible working.
It's our people that make us Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better
- Pair Programming
- Scrum master
- Delivery Manger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"