Are you a passionate Scrum Master who loves to drive efficiency through self-organisation and removal of impediments?
Do you work closely with the Product Owner to bring clarity and value to the backlog?
Do you get satisfaction by interacting with numerous stakeholders to increase productivity through reduction of organisational impediments?
If so, then please get in contact, our clients have a six month contract role and permanent positions!
Our client is a hardware and software company that enables virtual graphics connectivity between computers and displays over standard interfaces such as USB, wireless USB and Ethernet. Used by consumers, small businesses and Fortune 500 companies, they were ranked as the fourth fastest growing EMEA Company by Deloitte in 2011.
They are dedicated to technology innovation, and partner with many of the world’s leading PC, Systems and Chip companies.
As Scrum Master, you will support and guide their software group to form self-organising, high performing, Agile teams. You will facilitate the adoption of Agile values and principles, coaching and supporting teams in the discovery of frameworks and practices, whilst understanding the benefits and techniques of each approach. You will build an effective collaborative environment, leveraging your knowledge of scaling techniques to deliver large product focused change. They’re looking for someone with a passion for Agile development practices, combined with strong facilitation and people skills. Experience of working with software development teams and a technical mind set are desirable.
- Application / coaching of agile development practices and ceremonies
- Clearing obstacles, whilst coaching for autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions
- Nurturing an environment where teams can be effective and evolve experimentally
- Driving alignment with a focus on outcomes over output
- Ensuring an effective relationship between the team, product owner and stakeholders outside the team
- Ownership of appropriate reporting mechanisms to track progress and improvements
- Informal Agile training of colleagues within the wider business
- Employing and sharing best practice in Scrum Mastery – engaging actively with the Agile SW communities of practice, and the wider Agile community
- Engaging with the wider business to influence and facilitate their Agile journey
- Optional: Line management of reports through effective use of one-to-ones, development plans, training and appraisals
This is an exciting opportunity to drive, influence and shape their Agile journey, in a truly supportive environment whilst contributing to an organisation committed to continuous improvement.
What are they looking for?
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, including Scrum Master or comparable experience, supporting medium to large-size projects
- Strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of Agile principles and values and their application
- Practical experience of Scrum (Kanban desirable)
- Strong facilitation, coaching, influencing and mentoring ability
- Self-motivated, advocate of continuous learning and education (CLE)
- Experience with Agile toolsets
If you feel you are suitable for their Scrum Master position, please apply now.