Joining the IT Solutions team as a Scrum Master, you will bring your experience of coaching and mentoring technical teams and facilitating software deliveries through the development life cycle to produce high quality software for our core travel systems.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The IT Solutions team is responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle and oversee the delivery of our software solutions to support our selling systems, airlines and customer platforms.
The Scrum Master is primarily responsible for the successful application and use of Scrum within the organisation, as specified in the Scrum Guide - ,
Further to that, the Scrum Master within this role is a servant-leader for one or more Scrum Teams, building strong relationships with Product Owners and Stakeholders, works with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organisation and also coaches teams in environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted or understood.
What you will be doing
As a member of the Lean & Agile Practice, the Scrum Master will act above and beyond the Scrum Team to support the promotion of Lean & Agile ways of working to the wider community.
Responsible for the successful application and use of Scrum within the organisation, as specified in the Scrum Guide
Servant-leader for one or more Scrum Teams, building strong relationships with Product Owners and Stakeholders.
Coaches teams in environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted or understood.
As a member of the Lean & Agile Practice, the Scrum Master will also act above and beyond the Scrum Team to support the promotion of Lean & Agile ways of working to the wider community.
What we are looking for
- Experience of delivering projects that have impacted directly on business KPIs
- Experience in working with teams, diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Excellent skills in facilitation, conflict resolution, continuous improvement
- Experience with and/or knowledge of widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Knowledge of various Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Scrum, etc.
- Experience in using Jira/Rally/Confluence or similar tooling
Responsibilities & Attributes
- Ensure the team lives by the values, principles and practices of Scrum, coaching and mentoring the team as necessary
- Facilitating and organising Scrum Events
- Effective creation of clear and concise Product Backlog items for use in Product Backlogs
- Understand product planning in an empirical environment and how scope is managed to deliver maximum value
- Motivate the team to achieving their goals and delivering customer value
- Ensure the team understand their own throughput and capability and do not over-commit
- Lead the team’s efforts in continuous improvement of the process
- Ensure effective actions are taken from retrospectives and other initiatives, challenging the way development is performed
- Accountable for timely and accurate data capture by the team and associated metrics
- Eliminate impediments and anything that stands in the way of progress
- Remove barriers between the team and others, enabling close cooperation across all roles and functions that surround the team
- Work to ensure a collaborative team based culture exists
- Coaching the team in self-organization to become more self-sufficient
- Shield the team from external interferences
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the team
- Fosters a fun and creative environment for the team to thrive
- Earns Respect - gains the trust and respect of the Team and is willing to muck in to help get their done
- Earns trust – brings honest disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Communicative and social - communicates well with teams, has a good nature
- Leads by example - demonstrates this by working alongside the team
- Assertive – ensures Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls
- Instinctively Aware – notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic – energetic, inspires the team
- Self-improvement – seeks to continually grow by learning new tools and techniques
- Conflict resolution - facilitates discussion and help to look for alternatives or different approaches
- Understands basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand iterative development
- Understands incremental delivery and the value of metrics
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year. It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet.
Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.