As their Scrum Master, you will define, create and run their internal scrum. They currently under-going a growth phase where we will be hiring most of our new dev team and as such, the Scrum Master will have a paramount role to lead the delivery of our technology-based products and features.
They are a customer centric company and as such, their customers are paramount to everything they do. As a company, they follow the Lean Start-up approach and as a result,they will be working on delivering MVPs, experimenting, measuring and learning in order to deliver value to their customers on an ongoing basis.
Some of the products we will be developing in 2018 include the following:
- Online boiler e-commerce journey
- Customer portal
- Engineer dispatching apps
- Fulfilment platform
- Price estimation tools
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible to facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- Forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source
- Experience creating, planning and estimating useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects
- Coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Help team or individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them
- Shield his team from outside distractions and interferences
- Ensure the correct use of scrum process
- Facilitate team for better creativity and to improve the efficiency of the development team
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of the scrum team in Agile methodology
- Help product owner(s) to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint
- Responsible to conduct retrospective meetings
- Organize and facilitate the sprint planning meeting
Key Skills/Qualifications for the role
- 4+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- 2+ year of experience using JIRA
- Great and friendly communication skills
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain other methodologies to motivate his team
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand his team needs
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Ability to take and understand his/her commitment to deliver the product on time
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
If this is of interest, please send your CV through ASAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job