The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Orthopaedic Scrub Practitioner to join our Theatres team, based at The London Clinic main hospital site in London (W1G 6BW).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Specialist areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
As part of the multidisciplinary team you will support in the management and organisation of care provision within the operating department, responsible for the delivery of the highest standards of care and services.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent position
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Shift: Mixed Shifts - Early / Late inc. Weekends & On-call rota.
- Salary: £35,715 - £40,008 (inclusive of allowances)
- Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme (total annual contribution up to 17%), 25 day’s annual leave, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and a season ticket loan for your travel, plus much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a scrub practitioner you will undertake all activities in a professional and proficient manner, including mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure.
- Carry out scrub duties according to policies and procedures, contributing to quality improvement, and promoting best evidence based practice.
- Assemble, check, prepare, and coordinate the use of surgical equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- Act in the circulating role, and assist in the safe transfer and positioning of the patient.
- Promote a patient focused approach to care in collaboration with all relevant healthcare professionals.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Proven experience in an operating theatre environment with relevant experience in orthopaedic, scrub procedures.
- General scrub & circulating skills, with experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a varied patient case mix.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in sensitive and challenging situations.
- Highly motivated individual who has a friendly disposition, and the ability to work as part of a team.
The London Clinic has an excellent clinical training and practice development department and strongly supports continuing professional development and education.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
- Private Healthcare
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'