Scouting Information Adviser
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scouting Information Adviser to join our team based in Chingford. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract and in return for your hard work we will offer you a competitive salary of £23,953 per annum pro rata plus excellent benefits. Although this job is fixed term, we do offer all our employees great learning and development at Scouts and support fixed term contactors in trying to secure further job opportunities during their time working with us.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Scouting Information Adviser role:
You will be the first point of contact for the Scout Association, and to provide support, advice and guidance to members of Scouting and the public by phone, email and live chat over a wide variety of Scouting issues and situations.
What will you be doing as a Scouting Information Adviser?
- Provide friendly, helpful and supportive advice and guidance to members contacting the Scout Association (on a wide range of Scouting matters) principally by phone and email but also by live chat and occasionally face-to-face.
- Work with the Deputy Head of Member Support and Scouting Information Team Coordinator to improve systems and processes within the Member Support Team and to provide feedback to other Scouting Teams.
- Understand and be able to provide advice on complex and varied issues relating to all aspects of Scouting to customers who will have various degrees of understanding and knowledge of those issues and of Scouting.
- Work within defined service level agreements to provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain the accuracy and currency of information held by the Member Support department through active engagement with other departments across Headquarters.
- Contribute to the monitoring of customer/member satisfaction and to assist in making changes to the service to ensure continuing satisfaction.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in respect of staff, volunteer and others’ records, including privileged information relating to the services of the Association, staff, and volunteers.
- Provide support to those who may be dealing with difficult situations in a calm and professional way, and know when to escalate to appropriate managers or other teams when appropriate.
What we can offer you as our Scouting Information Adviser:
- 25 days holiday per annum pro rata + bank holidays
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Competitive salary + London Weighting
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Minibus Service (Gilwell Park)
- Cycle to work scheme
What we are looking for in our Scouting Information Adviser:
- Recognised customer service qualification
- Educated to A level standard
- Working in a customer service environment
- Build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and of all ages
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good at taking on self-learning
- Works well in a very busy environment
- Contribute as a member of a team
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Prioritise work load in a busy environment
- Pay attention to detail
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and e-mail applications
- Working with bespoke databases/applications
Term: Fixed Term contract until the end of July 2020
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Gilwell Park, Chingford, London
Salary: £23,953 per annum pro rata (inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Closing date: Tuesday 26th November 2019 at 23:59
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply’ now to become our Scouting Information Adviser.
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'