Our client are a well-established Life Sciences Instrumentation company. As a result of their continuing growth they have an immediate opening for a Scientist to join their business in Cambridge UK, on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team on a range of exciting and leading-edge projects with external global companies and academics. You will be part of the team developing and delivering cell-based assays using primary cells or engineered cell lines to characterise high antibody secretor cells or rare cell populations in assays including FRET
- Contribute to product development and quality assurance management.
- Contribute expert knowledge and skill sets in certain areas pertinent to their group.
- Perform due diligence on emerging science, technology and intellectual property.
- Building of the Company R&D profile externally via publication of patents, papers and conference posters.
- Generate technical reports on relevant projects.
- Daily maintenance of Cell and Molecular Biology research labs.
- BSc or PhD Degree in cell biology, molecular biology or biochemistry.
- Practical experience in areas such as cell biology, gene editing, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry and related fields.
- Basic cell and molecular biology lab skills are essential.
- Skills in cell culture and isolation, ELISA, FRET, Imaging methods, Immuno-fluorescence, Statistical analysis skills for data analysis and experiment planning is essential.
- Knowledge and experience in microfluidic device design, fabrication, and application is desirable, but not essential.
- Competitive Salary
- Employee share options
- Life insurance and auto enrolled in to the Aviva Pension Scheme
- Cell Biology
- Cell Culture
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job