Our dynamic client, requires a Scientist to support its technology scouting and innovation team in identifying new research themes and projects within the field of Life Sciences.
As the Scientist (Life Sciences) your role will include: -
- building up our client’s expertise in Life Sciences as part of an Interdisciplinary team that includes Biochemists, Chemists, Physicists and Engineers.
- supporting our client’s plans to expand its activities in the field of Life Sciences, which already include projects related to Biosensors and Biological Imaging Agents.
- planning and executing projects to demonstrate the technical feasibility of novel concepts of commercial relevance.
- delivering projects through both in-house research and, where appropriate, management of collaborative projects with industrial and academic partners
- building relationships and strong networks with academics within the Life Sciences community. You will also be supported by our market analysis team in the evaluation of market needs and competition for target applications.
As the Scientist (Life Sciences) you have the following skills/experience: -
- excellent academic credentials are essential for the role, including a PhD in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Synthetic Biology or a closely related subject within the Life Sciences.
- practical experience in common Molecular Biology techniques, including molecular cloning, nucleic acid isolation and purification, and PCR, and a deep understanding of the underlying principles.
- clear and confident communication skills with a demonstrated aptitude for creative thinking and delivering novel solutions for unmet needs.
- be an experienced researcher who has worked on projects relating to one or more of the following areas: Gene editing or silencing; nucleic acid-based therapeutics; RNAi in agriculture; Synthetic Biology; Molecular Biology.
If you think the Scientist (life Sciences) role sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then we’d love to hear from you! To apply for the Scientist (life Sciences) role, please email with your CV or call .
We very much look forward to hearing from you and will be reviewing all applications over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you are selected we will be in contact and if not we will be keeping your details on file for any future vacancies.
Please follow us on Twitter (@ExactSourcing) or ‘like’ us on Facebook to keep updated with any future opportunities.
Exact Sourcing is an equal opportunities employment agency.