Scientist - Cell Based Assays - Neurotoxins - Cell Culture - Drug discovery
My client is an innovative Biopharma specialising in cutting edge therapeutic toxins who are seeking an experienced assay development scientist to join their neurology team within the research and development department
- Optimization and adaptation of established assays
- Development of novel pharmacological and/or cellular or organ-based assays.
- Preparation and maintenance of primary cell cultures, e.g. eSCN and eDRG primary cells
- Compile technical procedures for assays developed
Key Skills and Qualifications
- PhD in pharmacology, physiology, or related field
- Hands-on knowledge of advanced techniques in cell-free and/or cell-based assays.
- More than 6 years' work experience from a research lab with diverse cell based assay methods are required
- Prior experience of supervising junior colleagues desired
- Prior experience of working with toxins will be highly appreciated.
- Oxfordshire Are
- Competitive contract rate £22 - £26/hr (depending on experience)
- Excellent career development opportunities
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.