This company is headquartered and stock listed in the UK and they have more than 20 operational sites in 14 countries of the world with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The Company generates revenue in excess of £1.05 Billion and employs 2800 people worldwide.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
· Pro-actively identify, report on and improve safety issues in the laboratory area; contributes to improving overall safety awareness.
· Identify business opportunity gaps and build objective business cases for new development projects in consultation with Technical and Commercial colleagues.
· Help drive ideas generation and concept assessment to ensure the value proposition meets the business needs.
· Coordinates technical work programs associated with multiple complex projects with responsibility for delivery of objectives.
· Provide expert support to Operations, Customers and R&D related to the chemistry, processing and applications of products.
· To have comprehensive understanding of the Client's technologies, products & applications with a view to developing new growth opportunities.
· Uses all available systems efficiently and effectively for achieving work program objectives and identifying synergy opportunities.
· Develops and implements a wide range of creative and innovative approaches and ideas.
· Develops and maintains a detailed technical knowledge across a range of technologies.
· Uses resources effectively and efficiently and manages multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish targets.
· Builds constructive and effective internal and external networks.
· Lead and manage direct reports to ensure a high quality of day-to-day work output (if applicable)
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Qualified to a relevant technical chemistry degree, PhD preferred (Or equivalent)
• Advanced understanding of polymerisation
• Experience of market driven product development, proven experience of understanding customer needs and a strong technical pedigree to translate ideas into products
• Has a detailed understanding in a range of technical areas and is expected to apply this knowledge effectively and bring new thinking
• Ability to Work closely with a cross-functional team internally and develop an external network.
• Leadership qualities are essential.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41283 in all correspondence.