Scientist – Cell Culture and Fermentation Sciences Group
12 Month FTC
Salary & Benefits Competitive
At AstraZeneca, we win through science, it’s at the heart of our every success. That science is only possible when we all work together – we’ll always make sure you’re clear about how your role is connected to our wider mission to really show what science can do.
When we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential
The jobholder will be part of a team responsible for the development of high-yielding mammalian cell culture and bioreactor processes, suitable for clinical manufacturing and supply of therapeutic proteins for clinical trials. You will play a meaningful role in supporting the activities of the teams for both new and existing candidate drug projects.
Please be advised, this exciting opportunity is a fixed term contract to cover Maternity Leave
- Supporting AZ pipeline projects: Craft and perform cell culture and bioreactor experiments to enable process definition. Analyse data, write reports and facilitate technology transfer to cGMP production
- Identify, develop and implement innovations, perhaps through evaluating new technology. Communicating work to both internal and external partners
- Contribute to cell culture automation as well as process and scale-up/down modelling
- Experience of computer-based coding/scripting to develop automation and models would be an advantage
- Liaising with colleagues to apply developments to future projects
- A passion for continuous improvement and technology development
- Implementation and promotion of AstraZeneca' Safety, Health and Environment practices
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and protein expression in an industrial or academic environment
- Experience with bioreactor systems for mammalian cell suspension cell culture
- Knowledge of media and process development
- Cell metabolism/biochemistry
- Cell culture automation and process integration
- Continuous bioprocessing expertise
- Shows initiative and creativity
- Good communicator and great teammate
- Excellent scientific methodology
- High level of attention to detail
- Degree in biological sciences or chemical/biochemical engineering with relevant practical lab experience or PhD in biological sciences or chemical/biochemical engineering
Next Steps – Apply today!
Applications Open 05/05/2020
Applications Close 05/06/2020
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'