PLEASE NOTE: THIS ROLE WILL REQUIRE RELOCATION TO GLASGOW/SCOTLAND.
Scientist - Cell Biology
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: working within our Cell Biology team (Transmission Electron Microscopy), you will be responsible for providing scientific support in the conduct of routine and complex GLP or GMP studies performed within a contract testing laboratory. Responsibilities will include acting as Study Director or Responsible Scientist, as appropriate, on studies, assisting in the performance of laboratory procedures, providing scientific support to laboratory staff performing routine and complex procedures and external clients for whom the studies are being performed. You will be required to maintain study records, including deviation records, to meet regulatory standards.
Who you are:
- You have an HND or higher qualification in Cell Biology or associated Biological Science discipline with at least 8 year’s proven work experience in a similar environment. Electron Microscopy experience is essential and experience in the analysis of viruses would be advantageous.
- You will ideally have prior knowledge and experience working to GLP and / or GMP in a similar working environment.
- You are strongly focused on quality and safety
- You have strong planning and organisational skills
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self motivated with strong initiative and drive
- You will have strong personal and interpersonal skills.
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'