Title: Scientific Director
Salary: Negotiable for excellent candidates + relocation + benefits
My client is currently seeking a Scientific Director at one of their prestigious German locations. This position will be responsible for operational, technical, and financial activities involved in delivering quality testing services to clients. You will be responsible for leading the organisation to implement vision and execute tactical operations through assigned staff. The Director will be required to ensure quality and compliance are maintained, and to be able to effectively communicate.
- Provide scientific and operational leadership in the areas of GLP-compliant Residue, Environmental Fate & Metabolism studies and Physicochemical testing studies.
- Manages team in order to achieve results in terms of technical and quality performance according to applicable regulatory and client expectations, or other considerations.
- Manages client-contracted programs for Guideline driven Registration and Environmental Risk Assessment testing of Pharmaceuticals and/or Agrochemicals.
- Manages growth and financial performance of the business unit by driving EBITDA and revenue.
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives to increase productivity and quality, and decrease cost and turn-around time.
- Review scope of work and proposals for new and existing clients.
- Identify and address technical and compliance gaps with projects and the testing program, as needed.
- Provides for adherence to established standards, policies, protocols, standard operating procedures, and governmental regulatory standards.
- Ensure quality, cost effective services, which meet regulatory standards.
- Ensures laboratory area meets regulatory, resource, and safety requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- 10-15 years' experience in the Guideline driven Environmental Risk Assessment testing of Agrochemicals and/or Pharmaceuticals in a GLP environment.
- A significant history of supervisory/management experience is required.
- Strong leadership capabilities; openness to change; Interpersonal sensitivity; adapt leadership style to a process oriented organization. Integrates and aligns related site functions service providers.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and systems in order to increase efficiency on productivity and to make balanced decisions.
- Experience of Environmental Fate/Metabolism and/or Residue testing programs.
- Effectively communicates in both German and English or a willingness to learn.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Advanced Degree in Natural Science and/or significant Industrial experience.
To apply, please click below or email Melissa Jacobs directly on stating your suitability.
- Environmental Fate
- Scientific Director
- contract research