Do you have experience in an entomology-related discipline?
If this sounds like you, we are looking for a Scientific Manager to join our client's growing Terrestrial Ecotoxicology team in Cambridgeshire. Our client provides essential products and research services for pharmaceutical, crop protection, chemical companies, universities, governments, research organisations.
The Scientific Manager will help with day to day organisation of the Terrestrial Department, act as study director and liaise with Study Sponsors, provide scientific advice to Sponsors and colleagues, and assist Management with other duties within the department.
As a Scientific Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Day to day organisation of activities and local management of resources.
- Carry out the role of a Study Director for Laboratory and Field based studies, as requested.
- Conduct and supervise studies according to study plans, test guidelines and SOPs.
- Comply with internationally accepted standards of GLP and company QA and archiving requirements.
- Provide technical advice when required.
- Interpret data and prepare reports to high scientific standards, within agreed time scales.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of scientific and regulatory developments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Science-related degree (minimum) plus experience in an entomology-related discipline (preferably with Bees and field based activities)
- Experience of working within a GLP (or equivalent) environment
- Background in the management of staff, budgets, facilities and/or workloads,
- Strong communication and leadership skills
To proceed with your application for this role, simply apply to this advert, or alternatively you can send you're most recent up to date CV
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted. All successful applications are subject to S3 Science's stringent vetting and security checks.
S3 Science is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.