Scientific Group Leader
Kelly Services, working with a growing Biotech business are keen to speak with Lab-Based Group Leaders with line management experience in a biotech or pharma setting with a strong cellular assay background looking to expand their knowledge and use their skills in the induced pluripotent stem cell field.
Areas of responsibility
· Lead a team to design and carry out experiments to support client projects using iPSc derived cellular products including iPSC differentiation and cellular assay using imaging and plate-based assays to 384 well format.
· Lead a team to design and carry out experiments to generate new products to support the company portfolio using iPSCs including iPSC differentiation and cellular assay using imaging and plate-based assays to 384 well format.
· Design and carry out experiments independently with differentiated iPSc to support client projects and new product development.
· Performing daily laboratory housekeeping activities, including but not limited to cleaning of laboratories, stock control and waste disposal.
· Completion of laboratory notebooks and standard forms in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and good documentation practice.
· Preparation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures.
· Following training, provide out of hours cover for cell culture as required on a rotational basis.
· Compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
· Lead a team to generate experimental data to support the R and D and contract research service team to deliver client projects in a timely manner.
· Generate experimental data to support the R and D and contract research service team to deliver new products for the company portfolio.
· As part of the R and D and contract research service team, strategically contribute to the identification of new opportunities for new products and also new assays to expand the service offerings.
· Provide commercial and sales support for driving new client engagement Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
We are ideally looking to hear from individuals who can demonstrated experience in line management.
Demonstrated experience of presenting data both internally and externally to project teams.
Expertise a number of assay formats for compound screening such as flow cytometry, ELISA assays/plate assays and imaging-based assays.
Expertise in cell culture with excellent aseptic technique preferably with experience in stem cells.
Understanding of pluripotent stem cells and utility for drug discovery.
We are looking to speak with someone with a PhD level of education in Cell Biology/Life Science subject with 1-2 years post-doctoral experience or MSc/BSc with a minimum of 5 years line management experience in biotech or pharma environment.
On offer is an excellent compensation package as well as additional company benefits whilst working for a growing and evolving business.
If you have an interest in this position, please apply or contact a member of the Kelly Scientific Team to discuss an application.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'