Connect2Staff Education are exclusively working with a non-selective boys secondary school with academy status near Maidstone who are looking to book a Science Technician to cover Maternity Leave. This is a full-time, long-term booking starting from 19-Apr though to the summer holidays in the first instance.
You will coordinate the use and maintenance of practical resources and facilities and provide assistance and advice in meeting the practical needs of the science curriculum.
- Prepare solutions and assemble apparatus in order to ensure that the correct resources are available for practical lessons.
- Deliver equipment to classes and collect, check and return equipment to the stores to ensure that it is safely, securely and appropriately stored.
- Carry out maintenance checks and arrange for repairs as necessary to ensure that all equipment is safe and ready to use in lessons.
- Undertake stock checks and ensures that all chemicals are stored safely and secure to ensure the health and safety of students and staff in the school.
- Perform health and safety checks and ensure equipment and laboratories are clean and tidy in order to maintain a safe and stimulating learning environment for students.
- Provide information for students and teachers on the correct way to handle equipment and chemicals in order to avoid accidents and/or damage to equipment.
- Assist with demonstrations on how to use equipment and provide technical support to students and teachers (experienced and trainees) including health and safety advice to ensure that correct procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Order equipment and arrange for repairs as directed and maintain accurate financial records to ensure that school financial procedures are adhered to and expenditure is kept within budget.
- Liaising with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans
- Running trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrating techniques for experiments
- Record keeping, e.g. for students' practical sessions, tracking methods, results, etc.
- Working with individual students
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Experience of working in a School or with young people
- Knowledge of relevant codes of practice
By working with Connect2Staff Education not only will you have the advantage of a dedicated consultant to support you, but also the following extensive list of benefits:
- Weekly pay, competitive and enhanced pay options (with optional, additional benefits such as IFA support/Health support & benefits/ discounts to high street restaurants & retailers)
- Daily, long-term bookings and permanent job opportunities
- Through our KCS partnership we provide opportunities that are extensive & exclusive to Connect2Staff Education
- Excellent referral bonus scheme
- CV writing & interview support through experienced recruitment consultants
- Online timesheet portal
- Extended CPD training courses - for educational & non educational roles
- Exclusive partnership with Kent-Teach
With an imminent start date please apply today!
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'