Science Technician – Bury – To start ASAP
£65 - £80 per day
PK Education are seeking to appoint an organised and reliable Science Technician for a long term (and potentially permanent) position within a secondary school in the Bury area. This position requires liaising with the other staff in the science department in order to ensure resources are prepared for lessons. The successful candidate will ensure that chemicals are stored correctly and that all areas are free from hazards. This role would suit candidates with a degree in the science field and laboratory experience.
Ideal candidates will:
- Hold a degree within a relevant area (science based)
- Be passionate about working with young people and helping to provide a quality education
- Have science lab experience
- Be organised, friendly and a flexible team player
- Have the confidence to apply school policies consistently and fairly
- Have strong communication skills
The role will consist of:
- Ensuring resources are prepared for Science lessons
- Ensuring that chemicals and apparatus are stored correctly
- Following school health and safety policies to make sure classrooms and other areas are free from hazards
Working for PK you will have access to:
- Continual Professional Development courses to refresh and upskill yourself
- A dedicated Consultant, working on your behalf
- Opportunity to work in a variety of Schools across the region on a long and short-term basis to suit your needs
- A competitive refer a friend scheme
- Access to candidate competitions and incentives which run throughout the year
If you would like to be considered for this position or similar throughout Bury and other parts of Greater Manchester please do not hesitate to apply or get in touch via email or phone
PK Education is a supply teaching agency with branches across the north of England, including Manchester. PK Education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy always.
If you are a primary teacher, secondary teacher, SEN teacher, newly qualified teacher (NQT), cover supervisor or teaching assistant looking for day to day supply work, or contract work then please get in touch on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'