Science Technician - Temporary, long term assignment - Secondary School - April 2018 start date
Your new company
A vacancy has arisen for a Science Technician to work within a busy and successful Science Department at a Secondary School in Gloucestershire.
This school consists of an experienced and enthusiastic team of five teachers and two technicians. They value high quality teaching and learning to inspire and motivate students. The department has six high spec laboratories and a large prep room.
Your new role
- To ensure safe storage and use of laboratory equipment
- To support teaching staff and students during lessons and to assist supply teachers in the setting up of equipment
- To assist in preparing lesson materials from time to time
- To liaise with other departments/schools re use of additional/ specialist equipment
- To refer stock requirements to the Head of Science
- To undertake routine photocopying as required
- To assist in ensuring the safe conduct of students in the department
- To undertake any training commensurate with the post
- To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager
- To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
- Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School's Equal Opportunities Policy
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally, we are seeking candidates who have experience as a Science Technician and who hold an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- You must also be able to demonstrate your ICT and organisational skills.
- You should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a positive approach to working effectively with all members of the school community
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job