We are looking for a Science Technician to support our thriving Science department.
Harris Academy South Norwood amalgamated with Harris Academy Upper Norwood in September 2014 to create one academy operating across two sites. The leadership group and teaching staff work across both sites. We have one Governing Body. In the next two years, as the academy continues to grow, we will have over 2,500 students including 500 in the 6th form.
You will play an essential role in the day to day support of the academy science department, managing classroom resources, requisitions and the security and organisation of all science equipment and chemicals in storage. The role involves working with the Senior Management team, staff and pupils.
What we are looking for:
- Patience and flexibility
- Good time management and excellent communication and ICT skills
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
- Experience of working in a school (desirable, but not essential as training will be given)
Why work at Harris Academy South Norwood?
- A dynamic curriculum, delivered through an ethos of mathematics and enterprise and the very best in technology and resources across our two sites
- A warm, ambitious family of staff and governors with a passion for learning
- Excellent personal and professional development opportunities through the Harris Federation network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package - see our benefits page for further information
For more information about this position or to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact the academy on .uk or telephone .
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.