*** Science Technician ***
*** Mainstream Secondary School ***
*** ASAP Start ***
We are working with an oversubscribed mainstream secondary school in Newham who are recruiting an experienced science technician.
The school requires a candidate with an excellent understanding of Science up to GCSE level. Previous experience within a school laboratory or similar environment is a must. Responsibilities will include ensuring equipment and materials are maintained in good order and in a safe condition and that adequate levels of materials and equipment are available for use by teachers and students. Completion of purchase orders for final approval by the Principal. Keep stores well organised and hazardous substances labelled and kept in a safe place and keep preparation rooms, fume cupboards and laboratories in a safe and tidy condition
You will support class teachers in science lessons from Year 7 to 11. Other responsibilities will include preparing practical equipment, apparatus and resources, monitoring standards and practices within the labs and providing technical and learning assistance in the classroom.
The shortlisted candidate must have the ability to work methodically, paying attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills and a willing to support students preparing for practicals /exams.
The school is near a mainline station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous technician work within a school or other transferable experience
- Qualified to degree level in a scientific field
- Confident preparing and assisting carrying out experiments and practicals up to GCSE
- Health and Safety training or experience and be aware of safety issues
- Professional manner. Proactive, engaging and empathetic.
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'