Science Technician job in Gloucester - January 2018 start
Your new company
Hays Education are working on an exclusive basis with a school in the Gloucester region who are looking to hire an enthusiastic Science Technician to join their current team. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience of working within a school based environment.
Your new role
The successful school Science Technician will be required to support teaching staff and pupils with setting up experiments, keeping stock up to date and proving general support to a fantastic science department.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a school science department; however, we are also looking to hear from candidates who have a passion for science who can bring a level of enthusiasm into the role.
This is a great opportunity to join the school on a permanent contract.
The role will involve:
- Preparation of materials before lessons, issuing the right equipment to the right lab sessions
- Providing technician support to A Level for Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Stocktaking material and chemicals in particular with the annual stock take
- Cleaning away apparatus and chemicals
- To test, collect and clean examination apparatus
- To be able to liaise effectively in the event of a chemical spillage
- Supporting the teaching staff & other technicians in the Science department
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally have the following skills and experience to be successful in your new role:
- Recent, relevant experience working within schools in a Science Technician role
- Relevant Science qualifications e.g. degree
- Well organised, extremely punctual, patient and able to work independently
- Flexible and able to multitask, as you will be dealing with numerous tasks at the same time
- Any person working in an educational establishment must hold an enhanced DBS check
We are really looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to work within a science technician role.
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a fantastic school who pride themselves on an outstanding atmosphere within the school between staff members and also with students. You will be supported by the Lead Technician as well as the rest of the support system within the school.
This is a great opportunity to get a permanent contract with a school who values it's staff members.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.