School Science Technician job in Bristol
Your new school
A large secondary school in South Gloucestershire are currently recruiting for a temporary Science Technician to begin after the half-term. With promotions and movement among the staff, the vacancy has become open. The hours will be Monday - Thursday 8:30 - 4:30 and Friday 8:30 to 4pm. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience of working within an education setting.
Your new role
You will be assisting the two lab technicians by:
- Preparing materials before lessons, issuing the right equipment to the right lab sessions for experiments
- Helping in practical classes, giving technical help to pupils
- Providing technician support to A Level for Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Stocktaking material and chemicals in particular with the annual stock take
- Maintaining equipment, constructing and modifying apparatus
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have a relevant Science qualifications e.g Degree which is support by recent and relevant experience of working with in an education setting in a similar role. An understanding of Health and Safety regulations including COSHH. You will need to well-organised and communicate effectively with other members of staff. The school are looking for someone who is enthusiastic within their role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.