Are you a qualified or experienced Science Technician looking for a full time role in a Liverpool School?
We are currently recruiting for an experienced science technician for an all boys, North Liverpool secondary school where the Headateacher provides strong leadership.
You will be providing support in a number of areas within the science department and your main responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans;
- Running trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrating techniques for experiments;
- Preparing equipment and chemicals before lessons - from test tubes to state-of-the-art microscopes;
- Maintaining and repairing equipment and laboratory apparatus ensuring that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals and other materials are appropriately stored;
- Supporting the work of teachers in classes and laboratory sessions and giving technical advice;
- Managing the stock control of chemicals and equipment;
This school is easily accessible via main motorway routes with good public transport links available nearby.
You will be subject to vetting checks including DBS enhanced Disclosure, professional references and a competency-based face to face interview.
If you are available for an immediate start and you meet the above criteria, please submit your CV here and I will contact you with further details or call and ask for Lizzie.
- Science Technician for Liverpool Secondary School