** Science Teaching Position
** April/September start
** School located in Southend
A mixed 11-16 school based in Southend are looking for a dedicated Science teacher who is looking for a new challenge and has a flexible approach, to join a committed team. The post holder will need to be an experienced, confident and effective teacher who can deliver Science across key stage 3-5. The post is suited to an ambitious, forward thinking Science Teacher, looking to further their career in a friendly and supportive school.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A recognised teaching qualification
- A recent DBS (Registered to the update service)
- A confident and friendly approach
- A strong background in Science.
- Experience in teaching in a wide variety of classroom settings.
- To make sure that the classroom is a well-managed, controlled and safe environment.
- To actively contribute to the teaching of Science across all age and ability ranges
- To demonstrate good knowledge of a wide range of teaching methods and to implement these in the classroom.
- To remain informed of current developments in the subject area, to participate in INSET and to initiate change where appropriate
- To devise innovative, challenging schemes of work
- To consistently plan and deliver good and outstanding lessons, ensuring that a variety of teaching resources are utilised
- To monitor the quality of teaching; based on evidence, self-evaluation and development, ensuring a consistent and continuous focus on achievement and aspiration
- To maintain an organised and effective learning environment in the classroom and shared areas
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.