** Science teaching post
** Immediate start
** Until July
** School located in South East London
A mixed mainstream secondary school based in Greenwich are looking for a dedicated Science teacher who is looking for a new challenge and has a flexible approach, to join a committed team. The post holder will need to be an experienced, confident and effective teacher who can deliver key stage 3 and 4 Science. They are looking for a teacher who relishes a challenge, who wants to try new ideas and who genuinely wants to contribute to the lives of young people with drive and passion. The post is suited to an ambitious, forward thinking Science Teacher, looking to further their career in a friendly and supportive school. The school has excellent, recently developed facilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
• a recognised teaching qualification
• A recent DBS (Registered to the update service)
• a confident and friendly approach
• A strong background in Science.
• Experience in teaching in a wide variety of classroom settings.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
• Teach Science across key stage 3-4.
• Secure outstanding attainment and progress at all key stages.
• Provide extra-curricular support for pupils to ensure outstanding achievement and progress for exam groups and promote enjoyment and participation in the subject for non-exam groups.
• Show flexibility, innovation and intelligence in responding to the needs of the pupils and school as a whole.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.