* Teacher of Science- Long Term Absence Cover *
My client is an extremely successful, small 11 - 16 school in Kings Norton looking for a Teacher of SCIENCE. The successful applicant will take on a LONG TERM contract, teaching Science at both Key Stage 3 and 4.
We are offering the successful applicant the opportunity to join a creative and vibrant learning community situated in the heart of South Birmingham.
SCIENCE is an extremely popular subject at all levels with a track record of excellent examination results. The successful teacher will be joining a team of strong and supportive professionals working with engaged, academic and well mannered students.
The Science Teacher:
• implement agreed school policies and guidelines;
• support initiatives decided by the Headteacher and staff;
• plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks;
• be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning;
• provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils;
• keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning;
• maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy;
• take part in and contribute to meetings that relate to teaching/curriculum; cooperate with and, where appropriate, advise the head teacher and other colleagues in the review, development and management of a subject in the school;
The school are happy to accept applicants with a background in all/any of the following:
Qualifications Required: QTS /QTLS /PGCE or equivalent
Hours: 8:20-3:30 Monday to Friday
Location: Kings Norton
Interview Dates: ASAP
Start Date: Feb 2018