A renowned school in North Kent is in urgent need of a Science Teacher to teach KS 3 & 4 General Science. The successful candidate may be required to join before Christmas on a full-time basis with a view to carry on working on a long-term contract from January - July 2018 with the potential for the post to become permanent.
A few notable features that might interest the applicant are:
• It is a mixed comprehensive school with a supportive environment for learning that caters to help students of varied abilities
• Extra-curricular clubs include a STEM club
• The school has a welcoming community where both students and staff are motivated by mutual respect in order to reach common goals
The applicant is required to have the following requirements:
• Ideally hold a valid teaching qualification or UK equivalent namely a: PGCE, B.Ed with QTS
• A Science Graduate is also welcome to apply, provided you have some experience teaching or tutoring Science over the last 2 years which can be referenced
• Must be passionate about teaching and delivering the curriculum but also genuinely concerned about making a difference to their students
• A strong communicator with a good command of their subject and in possession of good behaviour management skills
• Possess an uptodate enhanced DBS or be willing to apply for a new one through GSL Education
At GSL education, we are dedicated 24/7 to find the best placements for deserving candidates whether you are a veteran or have just landed in this profession as a newbie. GSL is also an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you would like to seize this opportunity to really contribute to the learning and nurturing of science among the younger generation, please send your CV to GSL Education ASAP!