We are currently looking for a PART TIME Science Teacher to work at an 'Outstanding' School in the Battersea area. You will need experience of teaching Science to GCSE level. The work is intensive, requiring; flexibility, sensitivity, patience and resilience.
As a science teacher you will work with and provide support for students studying KS3/KS4 Science. You will develop lesson plans, learning resources and learning routes too.
You will become part of a small but effective team where communication and professionalism is paramount.
Contract: PART TIME.
Locations: Battersea, Wandsworth, Fulham & Hammersmith
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be required to teach and produce schemes of work and lesson plans whilst building rapport with students. The latter is key to this role and you will be required to liaise with staff to problem solve student issues and barriers to learning.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualified Teacher Status in a national curriculum/subject area is desirable. The ability to work alone and use own initiative as well as part of a small team when required and experience of teaching people in the KS3/4 age range is essential to this role. We're also looking for:
- Relevant classroom teaching experience.
- A clear understanding of the National Curriculum and its application.
- A robust knowledge of behavioural techniques and theories and their application.
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements of equal opportunities, discrimination, health and safety, safeguarding and child protection.
- A sound knowledge of planning and assessment techniques.
- A secure knowledge and understanding of subject(s)/curriculum area(s) and related pedagogy.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of how to use and adapt a range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies, including how to personalise learning to provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential.
If interested, please send your CV today
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.