The successful applicant will be joining the school at a very exciting time. The school continues to raise its standards at both GCSE and A Level and continues to be a very popular local community comprehensive school. School aim is to ensure all students, regardless of their starting point, achieve highly. The school invest heavily in the professional development and care of staff as they are committed to ensuring all members of their school community benefit by being part of the school.
The Science department is able to offer students and staff a calm and enjoyable working environment. Housed in five state of the art specialist laboratories, five demonstration classrooms and associated 'prep' rooms including dedicated ICT rooms.
Recently re- written Key Stage 3 schemes of work in line with the new KS3 curriculum and use Collins KS3 Science as a teaching resource. At Key Stage 4, At Key Stage 4, students study either Combined Science or the three separate Science GCSEs - Physics, Chemistry and Biology Our well-equipped sixth form centre opened in September 2014. Currently offer AQA Biology, Chemistry and Physics at AS level and, from September 2015, at A level. The department has attracted a considerable number of students to all three Science A level courses. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the further development of the department and, through this, support the development of Science Education in a technological multicultural society.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Strong behaviour management preferred but not essential
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum preferred
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Veritas Education also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job