Academics are seeking an engaging and knowledgeable Science Teacher to carry out a full-time contract in an alternative provision in the Basingstoke area, starting January 2019. This is a long term contract with the possibility of turning into a permanent post. The provision caters for secondary aged pupils with complex social and emotional needs.
The successful candidate will be strong and compassionate and enjoy working in a challenging environment with pupils with challenging behaviours and medical conditions such as depression and anxiety. Due to the nature of their needs, class sizes are small and support staff are always on hand. You must be able to think on your feet and have the ability to change up a lesson to keep the pupils engaged.
If you are a Science Specialist or have recent experience of delivering Science to KS4 and feel you are suited to the above role, please contact me using the link below with a copy of your updated CV.
- Be a UK Trained teacher or possess QTS
- Have recent secondary teaching experience in the UK.
- Be a qualified Science Teacher
- Have experience or be willing to work in an alternative provision with pupils with challenging behaviour
- Be empathetic and possess a calm manner
- Be able to show good behaviour and classroom management skills.
- Be available full-time from January 2019
- Ideally be based in Basingstoke or happy to travel for work.
You will be required to undertake a DBS and ideally be able to show two recent good or outstanding observations.
- "teacher" or "secondary teacher" "SEMH" or "emotional and behvioural" or "PRU" or "science teacher" or "science specialist" or "physics teacher" or "b
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'