Academics are looking to recruit a Science Teacher to carry out a full-time contract in a secondary school in Basingstoke which caters for pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH). They are seeking someone to start ASAP on a full-time, on-going basis.
The successful candidate will be strong and compassionate and enjoy working in a challenging environment with pupils with challenging behaviours and medical conditions such as depression and anxiety. Due to the nature of their needs, class sizes are small and support staff are always on hand.
You will be required to teach Science to GCSE level across the school. You may also be required to deliver other lessons when needed. Experience of working in a similar setting, or a willingness to work with pupils who display challenging behaviour is essential.
If you a Science Teacher, or have recent experience of delivering the subject and feel you are suited to the above role, please contact me using the link below with a copy of your updated CV.
- Be a UK Trained teacher or possess QTS
- Have recent secondary teaching experience in the UK.
- Be happy to deliver Science to KS3 and KS4
- Have experience or be willing to work in an alternative provision with pupils with challenging behaviour
- Be empathetic and possess a calm manner
- Be able to show good behaviour and classroom management skills.
- Be immediately available, full-time.
- Ideally be based in Basingstoke or happy to travel for work.
- Be friendly and open to new challenges.
You will be required to undertake a DBS and ideally be able to show two recent good or outstanding observations.
- "teacher" or "secondary secondary" or "PGCE" or "KS3" or "KS4" or "team teach" or "SEMH" or "emotional and behvioural" or "PRU" or "maths teacher" or