Job Title: CMS Consultant (Science Graduate Opportunity)
Salary: £19,649 increasing to £26,000 over 2-3 years
Location: Stratford Upon-Avon
Reporting to CMS Team Leader, the CMS Consultant holds responsibility for writing COSHH assessments and competently providing helpdesk support for our clients. In addition, the role holds accountability for delivering customer care support and web based COSHH Management System training to clients. This is an excellent first role for recent graduates.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
Our Sypol product line specialises in providing simple and effective solutions that help organisations to protect their staff, comply with COSHH legislation and create competitive advantage through a unique combination of COSHH software, consultancy and training.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a Science Graduate who has an interest in working within risk management and health and safety. With an excellent training plan in place for the successful candidate, you should be self-motivated and have a willingness to learn. You should have good communication skills, with the ability to converse with our external stakeholders both via email and telephone. As a large part of this role will be systems based, you should be competent with packages such as Microsoft office and Outlook.
The Bits Our People Love:
- We have a genuine focus on Health & Wellbeing - With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives (including our 2020 'Two Million Steps Challenge’), we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the Development of our people - We have an amazing in-house Learning and Development team who provide a blended learning approach at all levels of your career with Alcumus to get you ready for your next step (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about Charitable work and CSR in our communities - We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We have committed to planting a tree for every employee (new and existing) in 2020 and will even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular Recognition - Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic People - We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- Employee bonus scheme - if the business does well, we believe you should get an extra thank you for your hard work at the end of the year
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) - who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme - we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme - your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance - we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform - you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave - because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme - you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit - we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site - no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
The typical recruitment process for this position is a telephone interview with the Recruitment Business Partner, followed by an Assessment Centre.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.