Bridge Education are currently recruiting school trained staff to work in Secondary, SEN and Primary schools across Blackpool,Lancashire, Blackburn, Wigan & Bolton;
- Poulton Le Fylde
Cover supervisors & support staff are suitably-trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor’s main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
A support role varies significantly depending on whether the role is undertaken in a primary, secondary or special school. The role should not require any active teaching, marking or planning.
Duties may include:
- supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
- collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
Skills and experience you'll need
- good communications skills
- to be highly flexible
- to enjoy working with young people
Bridge employ people on the basis of their experience and potential alone.
Experience working with young people previously is preferred and an enhanced DBS certificate is required.
A cover supervision role is also suitable for Qualified Teachers, Teaching Assistants, HLTA's and classroom support staff looking to work on a flexible/ part time basis.
If you think you would be suitable for this role or would like any further information, please apply via the link
We look forward to hearing from you
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'