Secretary (term time only)
Temporary to permanent
£18,000 per annum
Our client is an established provider of specialist care and learning. They are looking for an adept secretary with excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills who can work closely with managers and service users alike to provide a robust and confidential service.
Under the instruction and guidance of senior leaders this person will be responsible for developing administrative, financial and organisational processes within the setting.
This role offers a varied opportunity that would suit someone of a calm, adaptable and efficient disposition who enjoys working with diverse age-groups and adding value in all that they do.
- To assist with the scheduling of meetings and visits from support services.
- To ensuring deadlines are kept, organising schedules, liaising with external agencies and Local Authority on behalf of leaders within the setting.
- To deal with reception duties, answering routine telephone and face-to-face enquiries that could be complex and sensitive.
- To assist with pupil welfare duties, e.g., helping to look after sick pupils whilst parents arrive/ liaising with families and staff.
- To contribute to the planning, development and organisation of systems, procedures and policies relevant to the admin role.
- When appropriate, to supervise, train and develop staff as appropriate by passing on acquired skills. For example: passing on skills from an IT course/ efficient ways for various staff to access office-based information etc.
- To provide general clerical support e.g photocopying, filing, faxing, e-mailing, complete standard forms, respond to routine correspondence.
- To manage manual and computerised record/ information systems - use of various databases to access pupil details for the school.
- To undertake typing and word-processing and IT-based tasks such as Excel spread-sheets.
- To produce lists, information and data as required e.g. pupil data.
- To provide, administrative and organisational support to other staff.
- To complete and submit complex forms, returns etc. including those to outside agencies.
- To take notes/ minutes of meetings.
- To undertake routine administration of school lettings and other potential uses of school premises.
- To undertake HR duties such as staff recruitment; compile and update employee records.
- To conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees.
- To operate relevant equipment / ICT packages (Word, Excel, databases, spread-sheets, internet)
- To monitor and manage stock and supplies within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
- To undertake research and obtain information to inform decisions. e.g. contact appropriate agencies/ services proactively.
- To assist with marketing and promotion of the setting
- To manage the administration of facilities including use of rooms within the setting.
- To assist with the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the budget.
- To help monitor the expenditure within an agreed budget.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment business for the purpose of this position. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer. Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible so if you have not heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback. **If you are currently registered Office Angels and interested in this role please do not apply, instead contact your consultant**
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.