Science Technician Required, Blackburn
A School Science Technician is required for a Secondary School in Blackburn for a full time temporary role to start April 2018.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time School Science Technician to work in this Blackburn schools science department. You would need to be available to start on short notice and already have experience in this type of role in order to hit the ground running.?
The successful applicant for this Science Technician Job should have:
- A strong knowledge of science and a genuine interest in the subject
- A qualification in any area of science - ideally Physics
- Previous experience of working in a school laboratory for referencing purposes
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team of technicians, and a professional attitude
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team, providing a practical service to the staff and pupils of the school. Responsibilities would include:
- Cleaning, storing and accounting for all equipment and stock including chemicals
-Undertaking of safety checks and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ensuring chemical and biological waste is disposed of correctly
- Maintaining filing systems and correct paperwork for stock orders and keeping the department tidy
- Keeping relevant Health and Safety knowledge up-to-date e.g. COSHH requirements
- Assisting teaching staff in the running of practical sessions for pupils, and undertaking other duties as directed
-Ensuring all materials and equipment are ready for practical lessons and demonstrations, liaising with teaching staff for lesson planning
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Educations vetting and an enhanced DBS.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Leanne Kessell, your specialist consultant, via email at leanne..uk
- Science Technician
- Lab Technician