School Science Technician required for a school in Tower Hamlets to start this term on a long term basis.
An opportunity has arisen for School Science Technician in Tower Hamlets, London starting ASAP and continuing in January 2018, that can provide full support to a school science department.
The Science Technician role has the possibility to become permanent for the successful candidate.
Working on a long term temporary basis as a School Science Technician in Tower Hamlets, London you will need to combine your knowledge and relevant experience to aid the smooth running of the school science department.
Only candidates with previous school based science technician experience will be considered.
School Science Technician duties will include:
* Preparation of stock solutions and maintaining glassware in classrooms
* Preparing practical's prior to lessons and delivering to the classrooms
* General up-keep of Science Technician laboratory
* Carrying out regular health and safety checks on laboratories, preparation rooms and stores and provide technical support and health and safety advice to staff and students;
* Helping pupils during lessons where required
* Implementing procedures and regulations involving safe disposal of waste material
* At least 3 months experience within the last 2 years working as a Science Technician in a school
Skills we look for in our School Science Technicians include:
* Previous school based experience as a Science Technician
* Flexible and adaptable approach to work;
* Ability to work to own initiative;
* Ability to work alongside young people and adults;
* Good communication skills.
The benefits of joining Hays Education include:
* Competitive rates of pay
* Access to an experienced specialist Education Consultant
* Your own unique web profile viewable to institutions in the region
* Local jobs in your area
- school science technician