School Science Technician required for a maternity contract starting in January within a school in Newham.
A School Science Technician needed to join a school in Newham starting in January 2018 to cover a long term maternity leave. The successful School Science Technician in Newham will be required to support teaching staff and pupils with setting up experiments and keeping the laboratories within health and safety guidelines.
Previous School Science Technician experience is essential; the candidate also has to be flexible and adaptable in their approach to work.
This vacancy is initially temporary but the successful person will be taken on a long term basis if proven well. School Science Technician
- Preparation of materials before lessons, issuing the right equipment to the right lab sessions
- Providing technician support to A Level for Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Stocktaking material and chemicals in particular with the annual stock take
- Cleaning away apparatus and chemicals
- To test, collect and clean examination apparatus
- To be able to liaise effectively in the event of a chemical spillage
- Supporting the teaching staff & other technicians in the Science department
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Must have school based laboratory technician experience
- Previous school laboratory experience would be advantageous
- Have the ability to use ICT
- Science qualifications
You will need to have excellent communication skills, the determination to succeed and the understanding of the surroundings. Applicants applying MUST have a relevant qualification (A'level minimum)
Applicants MUST have relevant science experience (6 months minimum) Overseas applicants MUST have UK experience and working visa.
- school science technician