We are looking for an experienced School Science/Laboratory Technician (Biology) to work within Secondary School in the Oldham area. This is a temporary, long-term position to start ASAP.
The school has a thriving science department and is very supportive of its staff. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and friendly teaching environment.
Duties will include:
- Running trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrating techniques for experiments
- Maintaining and repairing equipment
- Record keeping
- Ensuring that equipment is properly cleaned
- Giving technical advice to staff and students
- Stock inventory
- Ensuring that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Science related Degree which has involved independent lab work
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Practical experience within a science laboratory
- Able to provide a reference
- Previous school experience is an advantage
If you feel you meet these criteria, please send your CV and we will be in touch to give you further details and answer any questions you have.
- Secondary School
- Technical Support