Our client a lovely school in the Swiss Cottage area are looking to recruit a School Receptionist/Administrator to join their friendly team.
This is a customer facing role being the main point of contact for visitors, parents etc. The ideal candidate is someone that is able to multi task, with good IT skills and extremely personable.
This is a full time full year position working 9am to 5pm with a 30 minute paid lunch paying up to £28,000 per year.
Role Summary: To provide receptionist and telephonist duties to the school providing a welcome focus for visitors and all staff.
To provide secretarial and administrative support commensurate to a busy school.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that a welcoming reception is offered to all visitors and members of staff, assisting with queries and directing individuals as appropriate
- Proactively apply the School’s security arrangements and ensure all visitors and contractors are signed in and out
- Answer all incoming phone calls, answering enquiries where possible or directing calls to the appropriate person
- Take clear messages as necessary ensuring that they are passed to the person concerned and reporting absences and change of pick up arrangements to Matron
- Record staff movement in and out of the building liaising regularly with staff to encourage this
- Assist staff as requested, including members of the Senior Leadership Team, Heads of Teaching Departments, Finance Director and Operations Bursar
- Minute staff meetings as required
Database - pupils
- Update and maintain accurate pupil records on iSAMS
- Input registration and absence data accurately
- Prepare form lists and house lists
- Produce reports as required
- Prepare termly calendar in OneDrive
- Keep stationery cupboards tidy ensuring adequate stocks of headed paper, report sheets and covers etc. are maintained
- Order stationery on a weekly basis to include individual requests and stock items
- Keep photocopier area supplied with toner and paper and check area for tidiness each day.
- Order and maintain franking machine and supplies
- Order and maintain stamp stocks
- Update the internal phone list as required
- Compile a list of all providers/courses held during each half-term and each holiday
- Support the Head's PA as required and other Administration staff where directed by the PA
- Liaise with relevant charities regarding Flag Day appeals and order Remembrance Day wreath.
- Maintain the external parent noticeboard and internal office noticeboard
- General filing
- Liaise with Camden Borough travel consultant and generate annual travel plan survey for parents, pupils and staff
- Order book gift tokens and cinema vouchers for end of term assemblies
- Manage the "office" email address and respond accordingly
- Organise outgoing post, courier deliveries and cars for staff on school business
- Manage the distribution of incoming post and deliveries promptly signing for deliveries and advise members of staff of goods delivered for them and liaise with the Clerk of Works regarding delivery within the school if appropriate
- Manage the order and delivery of newspapers, journals and periodicals
- Keep Reception area clean and clutter free at all times
- Maintain all personnel records in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Ensure that established processes are followed in a consistent manner
- Provide excellent (internal and external) customer service and building strong relationships
- Ensure confidentiality of all written and verbal communication
- Maintain good housekeeping, strictly adhering to all School policies and procedures
- Administration Duties
- Independent Schools
- Receptionist Duties