Position: School Nurse/ Registered Nurse -RGN, RLDN/RN
Location: Hill House School, Lymington, Hampshire
Full time hours - Monday to Friday can be flexible with school hour’s options
Salary £29,171 to £33,222 pro-rata
We all know that the Coronavirus is changing the way we go about our everyday lives but, at The Cambian Group, there is one thing that doesn’t change - our absolute commitment to the children and young people in our care.
We are making sure that the support we offer is constant, reliable and of the highest quality and it is our fantastic staff who are making this happen.
Amidst all the uncertainty, as everything we do changes, how about changing your story too and, in turn, help to change the lives of our children and young people?
Cambian Group, the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation, and learning disabilities, is looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company as a School Nurse/Registered Nurse with full-time admin support.
Could you be what we are looking for? Do you enjoy working with children and young people? Do you have experience of working in a residential or education setting with Special Needs? Would you enjoy working in a busy school who are dedicated in improving the health needs of children and young people?
If so we would like to hear from you!
Hill House School is a registered education co-ed provision for students aged 11-19, we offer 52-week residential provision for students with a diagnosis of Autism, severe learning difficulties, and associated behaviours.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our onsite Multi-Disciplinary Team as a School Nurse working collaboratively with other registered professions including: Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, and Art therapy and working alongside Education and Care staff to provide integrated care of the highest standard in a specialist mixed gender residential 52 week school, for students aged 11-19 on the Autistic Spectrum.
The school nurse is an integral part of the young person’s educational journey, ensuring that all aspects of their physical health needs are met to the highest standard, in collaboration with external General Practitioners, Paediatricians, and other health care professionals. The role includes writing reports, attending reviews, implementing evidenced-based care plans, medication management, delivery of workshops for best practices, face to face support and advocating for the students and liaising with families, professionals and Local Authorities.
Candidates for this position should be RGN/RLDN/RNC qualified with a current NMC PIN number.
- You should have a strong understanding of Asperger’s and Autism and have experience of working with these conditions.
- Working knowledge of physical health conditions, including Epilepsy, Diabetes, Anaphylaxis.
- Knowledge around Safeguarding and keeping others safe.
- Excellent understanding of safe and effective medication management within children’s homes/schools.
- Ability to communicate clearly to others using a variety of platforms including nonverbal communication
- Experience in working/promoting therapeutic relationships with children and Young People
- Working autonomously within a residential environment.
- Experience of communicating clearly to others using a variety of platforms including nonverbal communication.
- Experience of engaging successfully with children or young adults (in particular those with special needs) in some capacity.
- Ability to be flexible with hours, required to assist with the effective quality of care in the school.
In return we offer:
- Full support from a multidisciplinary team
- Regular clinical supervision
- Developmental opportunities
- Research opportunities & support
- Internal/external training on new initiatives
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (with increments for length of service included)
Full induction training is given. You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and just like our young people you will be learning all the time through our ongoing mentoring and support.
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'